Top Ten Hygge Moments


There are many things that spark the sensation of hygge in my heart but a few really stand out to me. For my own personal reasons, some that I cannot explain. These are my absolute top ten.


Late night Christmas shopping wrapped up warm, with a scarf scratching my nose and leaving my mouth and chin dewy from my breath. Losing yourself in the cluster f**k of people scurrying around you. Being soothed by their voices in unison like a Christmas lullaby you can’t remember the words to. Looking at stalls with nothing you want to buy that is an expensive as your rent and finally sipping a scolding hot cup of chocolate that leaves the roof of your mouth burned until February.

The jingle jangle of old hippy women wearing several rings on each finger. If they have long, thin, bony fingers it’s a bonus. Then you get a mixture of clickity clack in your jingle jangle.

Looking up at a cloudless night sky from my fire escapes window and counting stars.

The morning mist above the houses of the town that makes life feel like Mary Poppins.

Watching movies that make a point of showing the seasons by distinctly changing the weather: The Holiday, Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City.

Balancing a glass of red wine on the carpet because you are too warm and lazy on your couch to put it on the coffee table.

Seeing your own breath whilst you are wrapped up warm, or seeing anything such as the heat escaping your take away Starbucks lid.

Trying on different hats, knowing that the one you choose you are committing to wear like a tea cosy until March.

Eating meat I wouldn’t normally consider trying, just because I am out for the day and there is a festive looking stall in the street.

Snuggling in bed at night, as long as you stop before you get so sweaty you start to stick to each other.

What are you favourite hygge moments?



Freja

Comments

Popular Posts